The twenty first century has quickly gained its reputation as the era where women from all walks of life are rising to the top and breaking barriers. From corporations to politics, humanitarianism and sports, just about every domain has seen female pioneers fearlessly tackle stereotypes and make their mark. Princess Karen Cantrell, President and CEO of Lady Golf - The Fashion House, in Palm Desert California, felt that golf was a sport that still discriminated against women. The latter was made evident from the predominantly male inventory available in professional golf shops and clubs. So in 1993, Princess Karen set out to create the first all-women’s golf store in the world. Twenty-three years and 6000 sq-ft of inventory later, the business is still going strong. Lady Golf carries top quality European, American and Canadian labels that integrate athletic apparel with style. The endless options of colours, brands and cuts, celebrates the feminine presence on the golf course and creates a culture that says, “we are here to stay”. The trend has caught like wild fire as Lady Golf begins to spark attention from the farthest corners of the globe.
Princess Karen’s clients vary from the average woman to Middle Eastern Royalty. Rights to Lady Golf have already been sold in Japan. The brand has been featured in such domestic and international magazines as The New York Times and InStyle. Princess Karen’s passion for fashion is more than skin deep. The brand makes a point to avoid carrying any labels that use child labor or fails to promote and employ women in a fair way. After all, the purpose of fashion is to enable and empower women to express themselves! She travels the world in search of unique specialty apparel. However, the secret to her success goes beyond just clothing, it stems from a deep understanding of its value in human history, culture and the arts. “Fashion has always been key to how women have presented themselves to the world and how society has wanted to present women to the world. From panniers that emphasized wide hips to shoulder pads that emphasized power, the fashion of the time tells our history in great detail.” ~Princess Karen
Princess Karen has been a member of Fashion Group International for 20 years, as well as a former Regional Director for the organization (www.fgi.org). In 2012, she was the recipient of The FGI Entrepreneur of the Year Award. Some of the other organizations she supports are: Fashion For Empowerment, Fashion Revolution and True Cost: The Movie. (All links can be found at the bottom of this article.) Princess Karen has been a figure of inspiration for young women everywhere. However, her life her life does not stop at apparel.
“The most valued lesson in life learned from my family is to have purpose and to be grateful.” ~ Princess Karen Cantrell
The Princess finds her purpose by giving back to the community and the world at large. As a philanthropist, those who know her will say that she is always ready and willing to help. This Dame’s gentile smile is backed by persistence and an undeniable strength to stand up for those in need. Her biggest cause is the prevention of Cruelty to Animals. She has dedicated her life to spreading awareness and raising thousands of dollars for shelters and rescue groups.
As a leader, Princes Karen makes a point to pull others up with her. Internationally, she has used her influence and diplomacy to reach out and break down barriers. She is well known in the world of chivalry and charitable fields. She is a Goodwill Ambassador for Globcal Ambassadors International, a life time member of The United Nations Association and the Vice President of the UNA - Inland Empire in California. Princess Karen also sits on the Board of Directors of Humanity Healing and Tomorrow’s Roundtable. Her achievements have been honored with many national and international accolades both nationally that include The Presidents Call to Service Lifetime Achievement Award from the White House and President Obama in Washington D.C (2013); The Kentucky Colonel Award, which is the highest award awarded by the Commonwealth of Kentucky (2014); The Royal Medal of the Lion awarded by His Imperial Highness Prince Ermias Sahle-Selassie Haile Selassie for her loyal and faithful service to the Crown Council (2013). Princess Karen was also bestowed the customary title of “Ratu Muda” by Don Leopold Nisnoni, 4th Raja of Kupang and the 21st Liurai of Sonbai Kecil Ratu Muda. He also awarded her the coveted “Bintang Sonbai” (Star of Sonbai) for the highest act of appreciation for her meritorious service to the people of Kupang. Finally, Princess Karen is a Grand Armorial Platinum Patron for Andrew Steward Jamieson –Scribe and Illuminator to The Crown Office at the House of Lords on behalf of HM Queen Elizabeth II. ~ Written by Laila Maiden
- Ratu Muda Princess Karen Cantrell - Chairman of The Royal Society of St George California presents 1500 face masks and 10 Versa Medical protection gowns to UNA-USA Inland Empire for distribution. She is the Director of Resource Development of The Development for the Inland Empire Chapter. Ike Khamisani President of the UNA - USA Inland Empire Chapter will ensure swift delivery to those in need in the area.
Above photo credit : Joseph Luna
- JFK Hospital donation - 2nd round of 1000 masks
1000 masks donated to JFK Hospital yesterday UNA/USA COACHELLA VALLEY Thank YOU Joey Zhou and Jason Li . Shout out to Kitty Alvarado !
Photo credit : CBS News
- Princess Karen In the middle of volunteers assisting
Above: photo credit - NEWS Chanel 3
- Mr. Zhou was awarded the Gold Status - Presidential Award from the White House and was nominated by Saint Lazarus Relief Fund. Presenter Ratu Muda Princess Karen Cantrell for his exemplary Volunteer Services in the USA
Above: Chevalier Peter L. Eckert, Ratu Muda Princess Karen Cantrell and Mr. Joey Zhou
- Mr. Zhou was awarded the Gold Status - Presidential Award from the White House and was nominated by Saint Lazarus Relief Fund. Mr. Zhou also was honored in this same Ceremony as an Honorary member of The Royal Society of St George California
Above: Chevalier Peter L. Eckert and Mr. Joey Zhou
- Ratu Muda Princess Karen Cantrell at United Nations Zoom meeting
Above: Ratu Muda Princess Karen Cantrell
- L.A. Beverly Arts International Art Festival- LABA
LABA awards presentaiton to Mr.Jiannan Huang - Huang Jiannan is also one of the few Chinese artists to be included in the "Beverly Arts Certified artists“ and “Nominated to be the first of 2021 LABA 100 Most Global influential Artists Icon Awards”. Because of his perfect combination of Chinese painting and Western oil painting, he is sometimes called an "Oriental Monet" or a Chinese contemporary of the well-known Dutch-American abstract expressionism artist Willem de Kooning.
Above: Board members - Ratu Muda Princess Karen Cantrell and Mr. Harrison Engle, film & television director, Signal Hill Entertainment Inc.
Photo credit: Sheri Determan
- Princess Karen Judge for Woman of Achievement awards
Above: Ratu Muda Princess Karen Cantrell judge for a Wonderful Scholarship event on The Queen Mary in California - Woman of Achievement Awards
Photo credit: Bob Delgadillo Woman of Achievement Scholarship - Queen Mary
- Ratu Muda Princess Karen Cantrell's friend Christine Devine at Princess 's Valentine party in Bevelry Hills California for 200 guests. Christine Devine is an American television news anchor based in Los Angeles. She can be seen weeknights on KTTV's Fox 11 News. She has won 16 Emmys, including the prestigious Governors Award. Six Emmys were for Best Newscast.
Above photo credit : William Kidston
- Princess Karen Cantrell - Italian Nobility Dinner in Palm Springs California USA
Above: photo credit - MKO Photography
Left to Right: Chavlier Peter L. Eckert- Christopher A. Chambers The Lord of Skighaugh - Ratu Muda Princess Karen Cantrell - Palm Springs Mayor Robert Moon and Bob his husband. The Italian Nobility Dinner held at Vice Chancellor Ratu Muda Karen Cantrell's home in Palm Springs California USA . Chancellor Raja Muda Christopher Chambers attended along with several special guests and Mayor Robert Moon .
- Princess Karen Cantrell 1st chart
- Princess Karen Cantrell 2nd chart
- Princess Karen Cantrell 3rd chart
- Princess Karen Cantrell Coat of Arms
- Princess Karen Cantrell was honored to be interviewed with Past President's and movie stars, see video below: https://www.facebook.com/karen.cantrell.37/videos/3715253968550973
- Palm Springs, California, USA. 5th June, 2020. Princess Karen Cantrell, Chairman of the Coachella Valley Chapter of the United Nations Association (UNA) of the United States, is interviewed by TV host Joey Zhou on "PandemicEnlightenment" in Palm Springs, California. Cantrell is also the owner of Lady Gold Fashion House in Palm Desert which has been closed during the coronavirus pandemic, and has been turned into a donation center for distributing food and supplies to those in need. Joey Zhou is host of the "Zhouzheng Show" with a large international audience.
Above photo credit : Sheri Determan
- Princess Karen Several links
Article references and links:
Lady Golf Sportswear - The Fashion House
73608 Highway 111 Suite 1
Palm Desert, California 92260
Tel: (760) 773-4949
Fax: (760) 773-2144
Toll Free 1-888-215-5855
Affiliations , Chivalric – Nobility memberships and
Order of the Orthodox Knights of St. John – Russian Grand Priory – Dame of Justice
The Hospitaller Order of Saint Lazarus of Jerusalem – Secretary General of the United States of America Grand Priory –Dame of Grace DLJ DMLJ
Imperial Order of the Star of Ethiopia – Dame Grand Cross
Order of the Ethiopian Lion – Dame Grand Cross
Companion of Honor of Kupang – CHK Class II
Royal House of Sonbai Kecil of Kupang and successors of the Sonbai Empire bestowed the honorific title – Ratu Muda Cantrell by Don Leopold Nicolaas Isu Nisnoni Raja Kupang and Liurai of Sonbai Kecil
Imperial Order of Menelik – Dame Grand Cross
Royal Order of The Engabu – Dame Karen Cantrell 1st OEBKK Hereditary
Capitulo Noble de Caballeros de Fernando VI – Llma. Sra. Dona Karen Cantrell – Ratu Muda Cantrell – Dame of Justice
H.E. Ratu Muda Dame Karen Cantrell. GCCR –Dame Grand Cross in the Order of The Crown of Rwanda – King Kigeli V
S.E. Ratu Muda Dame Karen Cantrell GCCR,GCCCR,GCLR –Dame Grand Cross in the Royal Order of the Lion and The Royal Order of the Crested Crane – King Kigeli V
The Royal Muhamad Ali Institute – Honorary Council Member
Member of the Baronial Order of Magna Charta – Gateway Ancestor Major Thomas Owsley. Baron of eligibility – Henry de Bohun, Earl of Hereford
Ratu Muda Karen Cantrell – Archivo del Cronista de Armas de Castilla Y Leon – registrada al numero 63 Del minutario del Ano 2014
The Plantagenet Society – Hereditary Order
Colonial Order of The Crown – Royal Pedigree Society of Descendants of The Emperor Charlemagne
The Society of Descendants of Knights of the Most Noble Order of the Garter – Life membership - A membership must prove beyond doubt that one has descent from a Monarch of Engand who was a member of The Most Noble Order of The Garter
Sovereign Colonial Society Americans of Royal Descent
Order of Alba – A membership must prove beyond doubt that one has descent from a Monarch of Scotland
DAR – Daughters of the American Revolutionary War
Member of Descendants of the Order of the Garter – Life membership
The National Guild of St. Margaret of Scotland
Descendant Member of The Friends of St George
The National Society of The Sons and Daughters of the Pilgrams
The Military Order of The Crusades
The Royal Society of St. George
The Ladies of the Grand Army of the Republic
Member of Jamestown Society - Hereditary Order