WOMEN’S WEAR DAILY CELEBRATES SECOND ANNUAL WWD HONORS ON
THE FIRST NIGHT OF THE ANNUAL APPAREL + RETAIL CEO SUMMIT
Awards Ceremony held on Tuesday, October 24th at The Pierre in New York City
Honorees for the second-annual WWD Honors included Karl Lagerfeld (John B. Fairchild Honor), Marco Bizzarri (Edward Nardoza Honor for CEO Creative Leadership), Moncler (Best-Performing Company, Large Cap), Patagonia (Corporate Citizenship), and The Real Real (Best-Performing Company, Small Cap).
Additional VIP guests included Lily-Rose Depp (Actress / Model), Anna Sui (Fashion Designer), Vera Wang (Fashion Designer), Anna Ewers (Model), Audrey Marnay (Model), Brad Kroenig (Model), Hari Nef (Actress / Model), Anastasia Soare (CEO & Founder, Anastasia Beverly Hills), Rick Ridgeway (VP of Environmental Affairs, Patagonia / Accepted Corporate Citizenship Award on behalf of Patagonia), Remo Ruffini (CEO of Moncler / Accepted Best-Performing Company, Small CapAward on behalf of Moncler), Julie Wainwright (Founder and CEO, TheRealReal / Accepted Best-Performing Company, Small Cap Award on behalf of TheRealReal), and more.
Earlier in the day, Kris Jenner (CEO, Jenner Communications) spoke on stage for a conversation with Tommy Hilfiger (Principal Designer, The Tommy Hilfiger Group) at the WWD Apparel + Retail CEO Summit. Images can be found within the link to photo selects HERE. For additional information on the Summit, please visit https://fairchildlive.com/event/2017-wwd-apparel-retail-ceo-summit/.
On Tuesday, October 24th, Women’s Wear Daily celebrated the second annual WWD Honors at The Pierre in New York City. Featured awards distinguished outstanding company performance, executive leadership and social responsibility. Recipients were recognized in front of more than 250+ c-level executives on the opening night of the WWD Apparel + Retail CEO Summit.
Event highlights included:
- Karl Lagerfeld posed for photos on the red carpet with Chanel Ambassador Lily-Rose Depp.
- Miles Socha (Editor in Chief, WWD) took the stage to present awards to this year’s honorees, including:
o Karl Lagerfeld (John B. Fairchild Honor)
o Marco Bizzarri (Edward Nardoza Honor for CEO Creative Leadership)
o Remo Ruffini on behalf of Moncler (Best-Performing Company, Large Cap)
o Rick Ridgeway on behalf of Patagonia (Corporate Citizenship)
o Julie Wainwright on behalf of The Real Real (Best-Performing Company, Small Cap)
- Bridget Foley (Executive Editor, WWD) joined Sochaon stage to bestow Lagerfeld with the John B. Fairchild Honor and introduced a video package highlighting his success spanning across spheres of fashion, photography, and interior design.
- Following the awards presentations, Foley held a conversation with Karl Lagerfeld discussing his relationship with John B. Fairchild, career history, and takes on the current state of the fashion industry.
- During the conversation with Karl Lagerfeld, Foley spoke about how earlier in the day at the Summit, during Kris Jenner’s conversation with Tommy Hilfiger, Jenner noted that the moment that crystallized the Kardashian family’s success was when Kendall Jenner walked in the Chanel fashion show.
- When asked about what made Chanel the gold standard that it is, Lagerfeld reminisced, “When I took over Chanel, everyone said ‘don’t touch it, it’s dead.’”
- In response to a question asking for advice for young designers, Lagerfeld replied, “I don’t believe in advice. When I was young I got no advice and the advice I got was not good… It’s so simple, you have to know what you want, you have to ask yourself questions, and if you are honest you know the answers.”
WWD is the authority for news and trends in the worlds of fashion, beauty and retail. Featuring daily headlines and breaking news from all Women’s Wear Daily publications, WWD provides the most comprehensive coverage anywhere of fashion, beauty and retail news and is the leading destination for all fashion week updates and show reviews from New York, Paris, Milan and London.
Photos by Clint Spaulding & Patrick MacLeod WWD
Media Collaboration: www.delangeronproduction.com and
Damian De Langeron, Eva De Langeron, Vanessa Terrazas, Genna Kotlyarchuk, Den Avash, Yan Goldstein, Baroness Olga Papkovitch